What To Do After A Work Accident
A work accident can result in lifelong complications and pain. Do you know what to do after being injured at work? Our attorneys at Smith, Dickey & Dempster P.A. do. We have more than 50 years assisting injured workers in Fayetteville, Hope Mills, Lumberton and throughout Cumberland County after a work-related accident.
You have rights after suffering an injury in the workplace. Workers’ compensation benefits may be available to help you pay for your medical expenses and recoup lost wages. We have experience handling all types of workers’ compensation issues, including appealing denied claims. We are available to help you every step of the way.
Follow These Steps After An Accident At Work
You may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits in North Carolina. However, you must follow certain procedures in order to be eligible for benefits. Here are the steps to take after being injured at work:
- Report your injury to your employer.
- Get medical attention as soon as possible. Your employer may tell you which health care providers are covered under their workers’ compensation plan.
- Notify your doctor that this is a work-related injury and the name of your employer.
- Provide a written notice of your injuries to your employer within 30 days of the incident. You should include the date of when the accident happened and describe your injuries. Be sure to keep a copy for yourself.
- File a Form 18 Notice of Accident to the NC Industrial Commission and give a copy to your employer.
- Follow your doctor’s orders for medical treatment.
It is vital to notify your employer as soon as possible after an accident. Failure to do so can result in your workers’ compensation claim being denied. Our lawyers will help you understand your rights and responsibilities after a workplace accident.
Filing A Workers’ Compensation Claim
Our goal is to help you recover workers’ compensation benefits. We will guide you through the process of filing for benefits and getting appropriate medical care. We are here to answer your questions, provide insight and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Learn more about how our law firm can help your workers’ compensation claim. Schedule a free consultation by calling or emailing us. We are available 24/7 and offer Saturday appointments.