At Smith, Dickey & Dempster P.A., we fight for the rights and interests of injured workers in our local communities. We regularly bring claims against employers ranging from small construction firms to large corporations and governmental entities like Goodyear Tire, meat processing plants, Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, Purolator, The City of Fayetteville, Cumberland County and Cumberland County Schools, and all types of contracting and manufacturing employers.
We understand the issues facing injured workers and build strong claims that aggressively pursue the compensation and benefits our clients and their families are entitled to.
We Are Interested In Protecting Your Best Interests After A Work Injury
If you have been injured while on the job, you likely have questions regarding your options for securing workers' compensation benefits. North Carolina's workers' comp laws are case-specific, and it can be difficult for an individual to successfully secure benefits without representation.
For more than 25 years, attorney Allen Smith has been helping injured workers assert their rights while pursuing benefits and compensation. Just as each case presents its own unique challenges, attorney Smith tailors his approach to the individual needs and goals of his clients.
Below are some of the most common issues we see when handling workers' compensation claims. If you are experiencing any of the following issues, reach out to us and learn how attorney Smith and our team of lawyers can help:
- You are being coerced into going back to work before you are physically ready to do so.
- Your employer is paying your salary instead of filing a workers' comp claim.
- You have been assigned a false or made-up job.
- You are receiving inadequate medical care from your employer-recommended doctors.
- Your employer's insurance is covering part, but not all of your treatments.
- You are concerned about future or lingering injuries that may not be covered.
- Your workers' comp claim has been denied.
- Your workers' comp benefits have been terminated for no apparent reason.
- You are concerned about the consequences of settling your case.
- You are not receiving compensation for mileage as you travel to your medical appointments.
Whether you work for a small contracting company, are a member of a union, are an undocumented worker, or are otherwise employed and have suffered an injury while on the clock, reach out to us at Smith, Dickey & Dempster P.A., to learn how we can help you secure the treatment and benefits you need to recover. Our experience and good standing in the local community can make a significant difference in the outcome of your claim.
Providing Answers To Your Workers' Comp Questions
To schedule a free initial consultation, call us at 910-849-2364 or send us an email by completing our online contact form. We have multiple offices throughout the region and will come to you if you are unable to travel.